Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tuesday

Time for your daily laugh. Yes, this is me, in 1945. My Dad was home on leave from the Army, and that is his duffle bag on the porch behind me. We lived in Albin, WY at the time.

I have never understood why my mother dressed me that way. She could have purchased another three inches of material and made my skirts a little longer. She always insisted I looked cute, but I don't see it.

*****************************





I was scanning some slides for Judi, and did a little more work on the box of old pictures I found. A long time ago, before scanners and digital photos, a woman brought me some old black and white photographs she had from Bondurant. I would put my camera on a tripod, upside down, over a photo and take a picture of it. Then I would develop the film. For some reason, I still have the negatives of these.

There are about 15 negatives, but I only scanned a couple today. Interesting.

3 comments:

Judi said...

I love your old pictures. All of them. You look just like Haley Mills. The hill behind the hay wagon looks like where Jacksons live. Ok....there weren't any Barfies (not a typo) at the Thrift Basket today.

Anonymous said...

The short skirts must have been as a result of something in the genes. My mother dressed me the same way and my knees were just as knobby as yours (maybe more). If I could find my old photos I have one of the two of us, each trying to have the shortest skirt. I think you won. Lois, who was older and more dignified I guess, was in the background in one of more normal length.

Cousin Carolyn

MOM/Gina said...

I love your old pix too! I showed Bob the 4 horse team one, because he's been talking about the hitch Michael has been using on his. I snagged your pic so I can enlarge it and look at the hitch better.