Thursday, May 2, 2013

Fonts and Symbols

Some time ago, there was a discussion about how to make the degree symbol on a computer.  It is made by holding the ALT key down and typing 0176.  Try it, it works.    Today, someone posted a photo on Facebook showing all the symbols you can make on the keyboard with the ALT key.  The symbol for cents and the degree symbol would both be useful to remember, although Blogger gets flaky and often kicks you off the page. 


Yesterday Conley brought a poster that was lettered in beautiful calligraphy.  We decided it must have been done on a computer.  This morning, just for fun, I decided to check out my fonts folder and see just what kind of calligraphy fonts I had installed.  Here are some of them:


And I found this font on the list, called "Mini Pics Red Rock".  Not sure what I would ever use it for, but I love the little characters.  They are like little petroglyphs.



I have over 300 fonts installed on my computer, which is ridiculous.  I'm sure the majority of them could be deleted, but I'm not short of space on my hard drive, so I don't bother.  I'm not sure where they all came from.  I think everything that is installed on your computer comes with its own fonts, and just automatically get installed.



7 comments:

Judi said...

Love the glyphs font.
I would pay 25 for it. NOPE Alt 0162 didn't work. it is about 82 today. Nope...no degrees either. Maybe it only works when you are in Word.
I tried.

MOM/Gina said...

Well I've got to try that...

yanmaneee said...

russell westbrook shoes
yeezys
hermes birkin
longchamp handbags
air max 90
air jordan
balenciaga
curry 5
off white nike
yeezy 500

yanmaneee said...

russell westbrook shoes
yeezys
hermes birkin
longchamp handbags
air max 90
air jordan
balenciaga
curry 5
off white nike
yeezy 500

theigh said...

go to these guys this contact form you can find out more navigate to this web-site find more info original site

theasmo said...

websites w0a27h6k84 replica ysl replica bags and watches replica bags koh samui replica hermes bags w4d31u6v45 replica zara bags replica bags korea replica gucci m8z69t7n81 replica bags online uae

tedes said...

discover this Louis Vuitton Dolabuy Learn More Here Dolabuy YSL Visit This Link replica ysl bags