Saturday, May 4, 2013

Saturday - Derby Day

I'm watching hockey on TV to be sure I don't miss any of the Kentucky Derby preliminaries.  I think I would really like hockey if I started to follow it and learned more about the game. 

I won't pick my Derby favorite until after I've watched the horses, watched the owner's interview, etc.  I'm not qualified, and I'm not wearing my fancy hat and I don't have a Mint Julep in my hand.  Can't help but root for the girl jockey, though.

*******************************
 
 
When I opened my window to fill the bird feeder yesterday, a pair of doves flew up from the ground under the feeder.  I didn't even have any doves last year, and I hope this pair stays for the summer.  When I had doves before, I think they were Rock Doves.  This is definitely a Mourning Dove.  What a pretty bird!

 
And while I was photographing the dove, this is what was hiding out in the brush below the tree.  I got a very good look at this cat yesterday, and there is nothing wrong with his tail.  And he is shedding off nicely.  He/she is probably catching lots of mice around my house, but I sure don't want him bothering the birds. 
 



1 comment:

DADD said...

We have always had mourning doves hanging around, but last year there was one that could never get the dove song right. The ones this year so far have it right.