Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday

I am making a mess, but it will be done, eventually.  Today I started on the computer room downstairs.  I have a two drawer file I have been sticking things in for years.  Yes, things like a 2005 power bill.  I actually almost emptied the top drawer, and one drawer on the desk.  Now there is a garbage bag there that is too heavy to pick up.

I found some interesting things in the file cabinet.  This is for my friend, Gina!



I had a booklet of the fairy tales and made copies of them on what looks like one of those old mimeograph machines with blue ink.

Lisa's has to be my favorite of them all, though.  She chose to end her story in an original way. Very down to earth.


***************************
 
I also found a list of warning labels that should be put on all beer containers:
 
 
WARNING:
The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

WARNING:
The consumption of alcohol may cause you to think you can sing.

WARNING:
The consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are dying for you to telephone them at four in the morning.

WARNING:
The consumption of alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug burns on your forehead.





3 comments:

MOM/Gina said...

Oh my god Duene...they are priceless. I knew you had some of Nancy's writing.
Maybe including the poem (?) she wrote about a rock. I can't find it, but I sort of know how it goes.

Duene said...

I don't have the rock. I took the fairy tale booklet apart and will save Nancy's story for you.

MOM/Gina said...

I emailed your site to the girls. They're dying laughing!