Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tuesday

I had an eye appointment this morning, and was not at all surprised at what I was told.  I haven't worn my glasses at home for quite a while, and always take them off when I'm on the computer, reading, or doing art work. 

I was told about nine years ago that I had the beginning of cataracts, and again four years ago, but now it's about time to have them taken care of.  No hurry about it, but it just needs to be done.

***********************
 
I do a slow burn every time I try to communicate with Century Tel.  I simply wanted to know if I could take my phone and wireless router to Heritage Apartments and just plug them in.  They sent me a phone number to call - one of those numbers where they have you press 1 for English and it goes on from there.  Finally got to talk to a guy (and he didn't have an accent) and told him I was moving to a new location asked him what I needed to do.  First he had to spend about 20 minutes verifying the new address to see if they serviced that area.  Duh, of course they do.  He finally ended by telling me there would be a charge, and I was so tired of messing with it that I just accepted that.  I still bet I could have simply taken my phone and router up there, plugged them in, and they would work.  Then later, I could send a change in address.
 
 
There is a good sized closet in the apartment, and beside it are wide, deep shelves and two drawers.
 
 
I gave Kasey the buckskin dress Tracy used to wear for Rendezvous.  It's a little large for her, but she was happy with it.


5 comments:

Judi said...

Oh, Kasey, you are so cute!
Well, Duene, you could just take it over & try. Then cancel if it works!
Is phone/WiFi the only utility you have to pay over there?

Sally said...

Duane, try the local office for phone company... 367-6886...I've had much better luck going directly to them!

DADD said...

I think Kasey would be happy and smile at any thing you do for her.
I'll bet she is going to miss her gramma

Charmian said...

Again, Duene, what Sally said!!

Duene said...

Thanks, Sally and Charmian.