Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thursday

A few clouds are moving in.  Maybe we'll get some rain this afternoon.

Black Birds are crowding the feeder.  Ever since watching the Stephen King movie "The Stand", I've not liked big black birds looking in my window at me.

I have a loaf of raisin bread in the oven and a load of clothes in the dryer.  Never mind that I'm still in my pajama tops and my bed's not made.'

Barrie did a super job cleaning and decluttering downstairs yesterday.  I 'll probably be in trouble for leaving some dirty dishes in the sink.  Or put anything where the pile for the Food Basket used to be.

 The book "Ashen Winter" ends with this:  "We would fight together to make a place in this disaster-hewn world - a place where  we could live in peace.

     Or die trying."

In case you didn't know about it, this is the second book in a series of three about how a small group of people in the Midwest attempt to survive after the volcano under Yellowstone blew.  Me, I'm glad I'm right here practically on top of it and will not have any struggles or hardships if it does blow!

***************************

 
Calvin's traffic poster is finished, and he shares it at school.  He seems a little overconfident to me.
 
*************************
*************************
 
 
 P.S.  Kat scored again, and another mouse bit the dust.
 
 
 

 


2 comments:

DADD said...

Iy is 5:50 here and our temp is 63 above, just like your temp is there.
It is sunny, and windy and we have not had any rain for over a week now.

Anonymous said...

Mу nаme's Abel from Twello, Netherlands and I have to say your article is very informative. The clearness of your article is rather nice and I can reckon you are an authority on this subject. With your authorization, would you let me to grab your RSS feed to keep up-to-date with new articles? Thanks a ton and please continue the fantastic work.

Stop by my website: 68273