Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tuesday

I posted something about singing the national anthem a couple days ago, and Roger thought Rosanne was the woman who angered people with her rendition.  Well, she did, but that is her job, to be offensive.  The woman I was thinking about is  Christina Aguilera, who sang the national anthem at the 2011 Super Bowl  Following is just part of an editorial  about her performance:

 
So, with all the kindness I can muster, I give this one piece of advice to the next pop star who is asked to sing our national anthem at a sporting event: save the vocal gymnastics and the physical gyrations for your concerts. Just sing this song the way you were taught to sing it in kindergarten: straight up, no styling. Sing it with the constant awareness that there are soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines watching you from bases and outposts all over the world. Don't make them cringe with your self-centered ego gratification.
 
There is a YouTube video on the Internet if you have the urge to  hear her.  I didn't know it at the time, but it seems she flubbed the lyrics too.

National Anthem

**************************
 
 
Think about your friends.  This is pretty much true!
 
***********************
 
I spent about an hour yesterday on "chat" with Century Tel technical support, we were cut off before my problem with their stupid email was solved, and I'm wondering if I should try again today. 
 
*********************
 
Blackbirds and magpies are at the bird feeder.  Don't know why the magpie has suddenly discovered the feeder. 
 
 
 The safety poster contest continues.  My artist friends will appreciate this.


1 comment:

MOM/Gina said...

Keep us posted on the poster contest. Luv it!