Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday

Still not much change in the weather here.  It got down to 33.6° last night, according to my little weather station.

Tracy drove to Denver for a meeting, and they closed I70 down just before she got to the tunnels. 
Lots of drivers were not prepared for winter driving, and there was a mess of trucks and cars.

*************************
 
Just read a news story that scientists have decided they were off on the age of the moon.  It is actually about a million years younger than they thought.  I wonder if some of these scientists work at forecasting the weather?
 
 
I am at a standstill with this pencil drawing of a horse.  Maybe I'll just quit.  Someone said he had a hammerhead, which is good, because he is a wild horse from the White Mountain herd down by Rock Springs.  He was actually covered with scars, but I thought if I tried to draw them, it would just make him look like an Appaloosa.  Which would work too, because Appaloosas have hammerheads, don't they? 
 
 
 


1 comment:

Charmian said...

I love your horsey drawing, Duene. I wouldn't change a thing.

Wow, what day did Tracy try to drive to Denver? I didn't hear about any snow, etc., and it was beautiful for the football game last night.