Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Wednesday

After missing two weeks, it was so nice today to go to my art group at Rendezvous Pointe.  I started a new pencil drawing of a cow moose and twins.  The drawing of a bulldogger I have been working on is still sitting on the table, unfinished.

************************
 

All kinds of action in this place yesterday.  Judith, the activities director, almost forced me to go to the cocktail party in the afternoon.  I couldn't think of a reason not to go (I was cleaned up and wearing underwear).  I'm not sure what there was to drink, I don't think there was much.  I found a can of Budweiser and sat down at a table where I knew three people.   Dr. Tom and George D. were playing the accordion and guitar, and some younger woman sang.

So now I can say I have been sociable.  But it didn't compare to when my teacher friends and I used to gather at the Stockmens on Friday afternoons.

************************8
 

 
People here decorate their doors with wreaths, flags, and pictures.  I decided to put my grizzly photos on my door.  The sticker was the only thing I bought in Jackson when Tracy, Barrie, KC and I went.


4 comments:

Judi said...

I think the woman singing was probably Kim Buchanan. She works with her husband at Pinedale Natural Gas (I had to ask Rollie).
Kim sings with Doc & George once a month at Rendez Pt.

Sally said...

Oh Duene!!! I'm so glad you got "sociable!" I'm smiling, remember our talks!!! :)

Betty C said...

How about, "it's Thursday and it's snowing"! Those were the best afternoons at the Stockmans!! :)

Rollie said...

I remember the Friday night gatherings at the Stockmans quite well. Well, I remember most of them.