Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tuesday

The latest on the cataract circus - - I have an appointment for an echocardiogram on October 7.  A doctor from somewhere in Utah comes to Pinedale once a month. 

My friend Judi and I must have been out photographing the sky at almost the same time last night.  I didn't see the lightening she did, but I probably took about fifteen pictures, trying to capture the best pink in the cloud at the horizon.  When it faded, it went fast. 

**********************
I chopped up the leftover meatloaf, plus just about everything else left over in the refrigerator, added tomato sauce, onion, potato, and a can of corn.  It's simmering away in the crock pot.  Now I will have left over stew/soup for the next six months. 
 
**********************
 
When Bill and Alice were here, they brought me an old book of  "Cowboy Out Our Way" cartoons.  The book had been in our parents' book collection, and I loved it as a kid.  I always said I wanted it, but not badly enough to get it, I guess.  Anyway, I have really enjoyed it.
 
 

There were a lot of cartoons that had been cut out of a newspaper in between the pages  in the book.  This is one of my favorite.
 
 
I got interested in what was on the back of the newspaper cartoons.  This fashionable lady was on the back of one.  I never saw a date on the newspaper, but I'm sure it was from the 1950's.
 
 
The classified ads were on the back of one.  I thought the cars for sale was really interesting.  How long since you have seen white wall tires?
 
The newspaper clippings were very yellowed, so I made some adjustments with Photoshop to make them easier to read.
 
 
 




No comments: