Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday

Click on image for a larger view

I guess I am done with this one of Hank's old rusty car. I don't like it as well as the one I did with no background a couple of weeks ago. Whenever I attempt to do the same subject twice, the second attempt never turns out as well as the first one. I have another photo of this car taken from a slightly different angle, and want to paint it.

I seem to be having so many problems with my values lately. I should try some paintings using just one or two colors - value studies. Maybe that will help me.

************************************
Cloudy and a little bit windy today. The forecast is for snow and rain for about the next week.
************************************
Who is more busy than he who hath least to do?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Duene, I read "you" every day. I think a beautiful combination of two colors to try is blue and burnt sienna. I've done whole large oil paintings with those and white, and you wouldn't even know it was only two colors. Also a nice one for value study in water color is sepia. I should try some more of those too. I did some wildlife and portraits with just one color of conte crayon and really liked those - did them like a wipe out, by pulverizing the crayon, put the dust on ampersand board, then spray it with water and wipe out with a brush, made very neat effects. How's Kat doing?
Love, Lynn

Anonymous said...

Very good Duene.

Wish I had some talent for painting.

Hank Ruland