Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday

Barrie's dogs were barking in the back yard this morning, and I looked out to see two moose eating my wild gooseberry bush. They weren't paying any attention to the dogs. I took these out the window.


Click on images for a larger view

This young bull might be last year's calf.


The cow was thoroughly enjoying the wild gooseberry bush. The thorns don't seem to bother her.

****************************************

I have never had anyone clean my house before. This morning I escaped upstairs to get away from Barrie's activities. I was afraid I was going to get run over. She did dishes, cleaned house, took out garbage, and did laundry. Earlier this week, she worked in the yard - used my electric chain saw on some bushes and did some raking.

I came upstairs and fought with some watercolor paper. I can't get it taped down and stretched. The tape just won't stick, no matter what. I have tried both the packing tape and the masking tape and it won't stick to the damp paper and it pulls loose and buckles. You can't use a stapler on the masonite boards. I do have a couple of special foam boards that I can use staples on, and it works great.

I think I will put the pastels away for a bit and work on the several watercolors I have started.


No comments: