Friday, April 3, 2009

My New Cat

No, I don't have a new cat, but it seems like it. I'm sure she is still kind of sore and recovering from being spayed on Tuesday, but what a quiet and mellow animal she is! Please remember that I am still pretty new at being a house cat owner, so I never know what to expect.

Click on image for a larger view

*********************************

I called Bill and Alice today - they had planned on being here for a visit this weekend, and I wondered (hoped) that they had changed their travel plans. They are still in Mesquite, and have not ventured any further north. They will wait until next week to see what develops with the weather. April is too early to come back to Wyoming, and I didn't want to see them driving that big motor home pulling a pickup until the roads are good.

************************************

I did a new "spray" watercolor sky today, and it turned out fine - after I diluted my pigments a bit. I plan on using it for a desert landscape with the old rusty car.

But in the meantime, (because I probably have "adult ADD disorder", ) I got my pastels out and have started two portraits. I feel really awkward and helpless with them, because it has been so long since I did pastels. But paper is cheap, right? Lynn told me to use my new Unison pastels, and they are really nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh.....
That poooorrr kitty. She says "I don't feel very good, Mom."

Mesquite is a very good place to be.

Love, Lynn