Monday, April 27, 2009

Gloomy Monday

The Remodeling:

I've probably posted these photos before, I can't remember. When I had my attic remodeled, it took a full year. I was so sick of the mess, and the lack of privacy, but I guess it has been worth it. I love the rooms and spend most of my time up here.


Click on image for a larger view

This was the original little attic room at the top of the stairs.


And this is what it looked like when my builder started the demolition.


For a time, I had no roof. And yes, it rained. They covered it with tarps, but there were some leaks.



The room finished. There is a small bedroom behind me, and a large bathroom to the left. Many changes have been made. The quilting frame has been replaced with drawing table and a work table. The little TV has been replaced with a larger one. And the plant got bugs and got put out on the ice.

***********************************

It has been a dreary, cold day, with snow and rain once in a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cozy and inviting room! JAM