Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thursday

Yesterday was art group day at Rendezvous Pointe. I started a new one of the old rusty car in a landscape. The car is not as good as the first one I did for practice. I should have known that would happen.

I am so frustrated with stretching watercolor paper. I have some 300 lb paper that I soaked yesterday, stapled to a board, and started to paint a wet sky on it this morning. When I wet the sky, the paper buckled. I am soaking it again, and will give it another try.


We missed Vicky yesterday - I guess she went to Jackson. We not only missed her company, but we missed her "goodies". Pam went to the bakery at Ridley's and brought us some doughnuts. Thanks, Pam

**********************************
The wind came up really hard about midnight last night. Then the wind went down and it started to snow. We got another beautiful snow, about three or four inches. I checked the web cams for Riverton and Lander this morning, and they have snow too.
*****************************

I never attended any "tea parties" to protest our taxes yesterday. I guess I'm not much of an activist.

And speaking of taxes, I did some research on the Internet a while back on "taxable income" and found this actual page from IRS Publication 525:

Bribes. If you receive a bribe, include it in your income.


Illegal income. Illegal income, such as money from dealing illegal drugs, must be included in your income on Form 1040, line 21, or on Schedule C or Schedule C-EZ (Form 1040) if from your self-employment activity.


Stolen property. If you steal property, you must report its fair market value in your income in the year you steal it unless in the same year, you return it to its rightful owner.

At first I thought this was a joke, but it is a real government document. I wonder how many people actually report their illegal drug sales or items they steal

*********************************


I found this drawing in an old sketchbook. Lovely, isn't it??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As simple as that ashtray is, I am always in awe of artists who can create contours, shadows & 3-D with just a pencil mark. JAM

MOM/Gina said...

Duene...where did you do this? I'm SURE I have that ashtray. It's my mother's with her initials in it. I'd be interested if you were with her when you did it.