Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hard Boiled Eggs

Click on images for a larger view
I hard boiled some eggs this morning, so we can color them tonight. This handy dandy little egg cooker is a great gadget. It holds eight eggs on a rack, has a pin in the center to prick them, and you can set it to how many eggs, hardness,etc. It has a buzzer that goes off when they are done. I know they still make these, much fancier than mine, for $30 to $40. I bought mine at a garage sale years ago for a nickel.

A humorous picture from the past. We used to color eggs and hide them in the living room in the morning before Barrie got up. She really did have fun hunting eggs, but I think she maybe got up too early this time.

I don't remember what I told my girls about the Easter Bunny. I don't think we made a big deal out of him. I asked Barrie how I explained the fact that the eggs she had colored the day before were hidden all over the living room. Did the Easter Bunny come take them out of the refrigerator and hide them? She has no idea.

The Easter Egg hunt on the courthouse lawn never worked out. It was always bitter cold, and I think I only took Barrie once. Tracy was furious - she saw older kids push Barrie out of the way and get all the candy. Barrie came home with an empty basket. Tracy had already been to Falers and bought candy, and had hidden them around the yard for her.
*********************************



We don't make too big a deal of Kasey learning to feed herself. She has been perfectly content to just open her mouth like a baby bird. She has just recently become interested in doing it herself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the mess as Kasey learns to feed herself. Elliana insists on feeding herself. She takes a spoonload and then turns it over just before it enters (or doesn't) her mouth. But, ya gotta let 'em learn. JAM

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much Barrie and Kasey look alike!! Beautiful girls.
Sorry I missed seeing you at the meeting today.
Love, Lynn