Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Real Oldie

Click on image for a larger view

Boy, this is really an oldie! I must have painted this about 25 years ago. It is on a half sheet of what I think is 300 lb. paper, and probably done with Grumbacher watercolors. I never signed it, so it looks like I never considered it finished. Not sure what I intended to do with the pile of rocks down in the corner.

I'm not quite to the point where I can say the two pastel portraits are ruined, but they are pretty close. One is on pastel paper, and the other on velum surface paper. I just made up my mind to get the pastels out and use them, and not worry if I ended up with anything. I just need to learn how to use them again. in the past, I know I did quite a few acceptable portraits for people, and also portraits of their dogs.

Barrie's dad stopped by for a while this morning. Boy, does Kasey ever have him wrapped around her little finger! It was fun to watch them together.

Tracy called this morning, and said they had about two feet of new snow, and it was still snowing. (Silverthorne, CO) Paul had gone skiing, and she was settling down in front of the fire with some books she just got from the library. It looks like half the roads in Wyoming are closed or have advisories. So far, all we have here is an overcast sky

*******************************

Kasey is napping and Barrie has gone out to take care of her dogs. They plan on going to the "Aniel Daniel chile cookoff" this afternoon. I plan to be like Tracy, and stay home with a good book.

1 comment:

Judi said...

What a wonderful watercolor of SquareTop. I like the vertical light (I don't know the correct term). Thank you for sharing it. JAM