Friday, December 11, 2009

Race Day

Barrie is probably out on the trail for her race today. And Kasey and I are just hanging out in the motel room. We just got back from their Continental breakfast. Not too bad, but not my idea of breakfast. Kasey ate two helpings of peaches, three helpings of yogurt, and a piece of toast. She was a bottomless pit.



This picture makes me laugh. John Barron was at the vet check. Barrie lived with them both in Alaska and Montana, and John introduces her as his daughter. They were laughing and talking, and when I took a picture, this is what I got. They don't look like they are glad to see each other, do they?


As I have said before, Kasey is so easy to travel with. The motel didnt have any cribs, so Barrie built her a little "nest" on the floor in the corner. It was very warm in the room, so she didn't have her fleece sleepers on. After she laid down, she called out to me "Grandma, I'm tired", and that's the last I heard from her until 8:30 this morning.




A pretty drive yesterday. I took this in the Snake River Canyon






The motel has some interesting decorating. There are several of these on the wall, and I like them. I think I might like them better without the imitation arrowheads, though.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those look like the petroglyphs in Nine Mile Canyon (south of Vernal) that we saw last month. Does it say where they are from? Interesting! JAM