Saturday, December 5, 2009

Saturday

Just another boring day. I have worked a little bit on a watercolor, and might get it finished today. I moved all my November photos off the camara cards into the November folder on the computer and formatted the cards. I finished folding cards and got them put into envelopes for eight more packs.

I spent most of yesterday working on the novel I wrote for the NaNoWriMo project. If you are a winner (write at least 50,000 words), there is a publishing company who will provide you with a free proof copy of your book, cover art in color and all. That sounds like fun! So I did a lot of editing on it.

But you have to format your book before you submit it to them. First, I changed the page size to 6" x 9", then I saved it in PDF format. Next came the page numbering, and I spent all day on that. I finally figured it out this morning, after dreaming about it last night. My problem was tht I wanted the page numbers to begin on the fifth page of the book, not the first. What a hassle!



I am working on a painting of these mountains, and just wasn't getting it. Today, I opened the photograph in my Corel Paint program, and tried different effects on it. This was "oil painting", I believe, and it sure makes it look easier to remove all the little details. Don't know why I have such a hard time with that.


*********************

This is Kimble, my next colored pencil project. She was so pretty sitting on top of her house, but the minute I started to photograph her, she went in her house and peaked out.


No comments: