Thursday, December 10, 2009

Road Trip

On the road to West Yellowstone with Barrie, Kasey, and 29 dogs, more or less. Barrie is even bringing the dogs that are not on her team so she can make sure they are fed and taken care of.

Colder than &*#@*! Did I spell that right? I hope Kasey and I will be able to watch part of the races, anyway. If not, we will be couch potatoes in the motel room. I really wish Kasey could be there to see her Mom hook up her dogs and start a race. Maybe there will be someone who could give us a ride back to the motel room after we watch for a while and before we freeze.


* * * * * * * * * *


This is Dan. She is one of the original kittens whose mother left in my driveway several years ago. I had her and her sister spayed, but not until they had kittens. Anyway, I have not seen Dan since early last spring. She showed up on my front porch this afternoon. Af first she acted totally wild. I fed her, and the next time I opened the door, she came right in and rubbed on my legs and let me pet her. Who can figure? She is fat and healthy looking.


This is the beginning of a colored pencil drawing I did of Dan. It finished it, but I don't seem to have a photograph of it.

1 comment:

Hank said...

Wow, that's a beautiful "pencil" rendition of the cat. You have more talent in one finger than I have in my whole body. NICE!!