Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sunday

Click on image for a larger view
I got this painting finished yesterday. I'm still undecided about the foreground, whether to add a little more detail or not. Probably NOT, because I would no doubt ruin it.

Yesterday I cut up some ham, onion, and potatoes and put them in the pressure cooker with some frozen green beans. Seven minutes later, I added some milk and flour, cooked and stirred for about one minute, and BAM! We had soup, and it was very good.

Even though I don't cook all that much any more, that electric pressure cooker is a great appliance. You can also use it as a crock pot, or to just keep things warm. It has a rice setting, and it made great rice the one time I tried it. I wish I'd had something like this back in the days when I really did cook.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I first glanced at the painting my reactions was...."YUMMY" and then I read your blog and I guess that would apply to your soup too! JAM