Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday

Now playing on XM Radio - Montgomery Gentry "Back When I Knew it All."

I've spent a lazy Sunday with my colored pencils and a book. This chickadee is little - only about 3". This paper doesn't let me do much detail. But I still enjoyed messing around with my colored pencils.

The book I'm reading is Steinbeck, "The Grapes of Wrath". I've seen the movie, and I'm sure I read it sometime in the past too. But it's been a long time.

I copied a line from Steinbeck's "Travels with Charlie.." He mentioned how much Seattle had grown, and he wrote "I wonder why progress looks so much like destruction?"

He could have been writing about Pinedale today, don't you think?




1 comment:

Judi said...

Very nice chickadee. Aren't they cute little creatures? Funny joke & good quote.