Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday

Now playing on XM - Sawyer Brown, "Some Girls Do".


It's strange to stilll have dandelions blooming in October!
**************
I’m on my soapbox. I can’t believe this:

More than 10 million children's toys have been recalled by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the toys' manufacturer Fisher Price, the CPSC announced today.

The toy giant has recalled toys -- including tricycles and play places -- citing potential dangers from falling onto certain protruding parts and choking hazards from small parts.

Who the heck are these guys on the Product Safety Commission? Do the taxpayers pay their wages? I’m sure the underlying idea here is good – protect the people, right? But let’s use a little common sense, please. Ohmigosh! Heaven forbid a child should trip or fall! Or swallow something they shouldn’t.

This pisses me off. Think of the cost to the taxpayers for these guys’ wages, and the cost to Fisher Price, the “villains.”

I guess I should never have allowed my girls to climb trees or play in a treehouse, (sorry about that, Tracy) or ride a horse, ride a bike, or play with small rocks, buttons, or nuts and bolts, or hammers and nails.

Another thought – When I buy something that is “sealed for my protection”, I am tempted to open it by smashing it with a hammer.

Okay, I feel better. Have a nice day, everyone. Don't trip over any Fisher Price toys.

5 comments:

Roger said...

Well I'll get on my soapbaox also.

What really causes the problem is the parents. They give these toys to their kids and if the kid somehow "heaven Forbid" finds a way to hurt themselves, then they go and sue the manufacturer.
I mean we grew up falling off our bikes and falling off trees and jumping off a friend garage. If we got hurt, we took our lumps and tried to be more careful next time.
I got shot in my eye with a BB from a BB gun, and my parents didn't run and try and sue the BB gun maker or the kid who shot me. They just told me it was my own fault for being in the way of the BB.
If you fell, you just got up dusted your self off and kept on trucking.
I could go on and on ranting about this stuff, but enough for now.

Judi said...

At lunch today someone was on a soapbox - I can't remember why - and said something funny ....and I never can remember them quite right, but it was kind of "it really wraps my string around the axle!" Does anyone know this expression?

Another thought: Do you think they will be recalling cardboard boxes soon because they are the #1 toy?

Duene said...

Hey Roger! Nice to see you on my soapbox!

Oh Judi, cardboard boxes! Maybe there's something harmful in the glue they use?

Judith Angell Meyer said...

I'm with everyone here. And I have another twist on this ... There is so much tado about allergies. Big business. While there are some folks and kids who do have a propensity for allergies, I believe if kids were allowed to get dirty ... as in making roads in the dirt to drive their toy cars on, etc., giving their immune systems to develop when they are young, there would be very few kids with allergies.

yanmaneee said...

kyrie 6
nike air max
coach factory outlet
michael kors handbags sale
converse outlet
supreme outlet
timberland boots
birkin bag
moncler coat
yeezy