Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday

Now playing on XM Radio - Josh Thompson, "Way Out There."

I love the lyrics to this song: "Dogs run loose, we smoke and chew, and fry everything out here."

I think I used to live there!

I pulled this out and finished it today. Had to straighten the shoreline (Judi always tells me when it's not straight) and work on the reflections in the water. It's better, but definitely not one of my best.


The quakies in my front yard have finally changed color. They are so slow every year. Slow to leaf out and slow to turn gold.

*********************
Started a monumental project today, and not sure how far I'll get. My Dad served in the South Pacific during WWII. My mother saved every letter he wrote, plus newspaper clippings and other papers. Before she died, she took all this to a copy shop and made notebooks, or scrapbooks. I think she had three or four copies made. They completely fill two big three ring notebooks, and each page is in archival plastic sleeves.
I started reading it all before, but didn't get through them. I have decided to try again.

3 comments:

MOM/Gina said...

Might not be one of your best...but I love it.

Judi said...

I love it too - awesome sky, great trees. I'd personally put it near the top.

Judi said...

Yesterday's filter CCC Ponds picture is now up and it sure looks frosty. You do have fun with photos, don't you?
Wish you could make a trip to Fredericksburg, TX to see their 'War in the Pacific" (WWII) museums (too much for just one). Gives a feeling for that history we were too young to remember.