Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wednesday

Now playing on XM, Orson Wells, "The Shadow". (Old Time Radio.)

I bet this is the most unique jack-0-lantern in town. Barrie got a pumpkin that was not quite right. The bottom is out of line, and it won't stand up. So she carved the face in it sideways, and keeps the lid on with duct tape.

I've always said you can fix anything with three items - duct tape, WD-40, and baling wire.

Chloe showed up on the front porch again, and we let her in. KC is so delighted with this cat. Chloe loves to be petted, and tolerates being picked up. She just kind of turns into a slinky.


Heading out to feed.
***********************
We all did "negative painting" in art group this morning. I didn't end up with much.

I ate the last of my QVC sirloin steaks last night. So I ordered more today. They are from Kansas City Steak Co., not too expensive, and very good.
****************************
A little trivia from XM radio - the most popular Halloween costume this year is a Chilean miner. Sarah Pallin is still a very popular costume for girls.

And some guy in England has been saving his belly button lint for 26 years.

3 comments:

Roger said...

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!" That was the opening line to the radio show from the 40's. when I use to listen to it. I think it started in the late 30's and ran until the mid 50's
Can you imagine sitting around and looking at the big wood box with the radio in it. Now it is so small it would fit into your ear.

Seeing Chloe and Kasey together always make me smile.


Kasey needs a pair of gloves to go with the snow suit.

I'll bet Barrie can't wait until the day she can say, "Kasey, feed the dogs".

Judi said...

Love the pumpkin. Good thinking, Barrie, on the duct tape.

duene said...

Kasey has gloves and snow pants to complete this outfit.