Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Nothing much to write about:

I'm thankful that I don't live in London, and that I live in Pinedale, and that I totally got out of the stock market a few years ago.

I owned some stock in Crocs (shoes) once. Got in at the perfect time, and at one time, had a $10,000 profit. Yeah, really. But I didn't sell then, because I hadn't held it long enough, so the tax on the profit would have been high. So I held on until the day the stock dropped $25 a share. I finally sold, no profit, but no loss, either. I had fun playing around with investing for several years, but it holds no interest for me any more.


I have no interest in anything political or financial. In fact, I don't even reconcile my bankstatement any more.


**************************************


I called Doug Strike, and he is going to come look at my dead pine trees today. Barrie had thought maybe she could do it, with her dad's help, but we think now it is a job for a professional.


The branches of the big tree are drooping. Barrie lopped off some of the lower ones so we can get in the front yard. The tree is really disintegrating. When the wind blows, little pieces of it are all over the font yard. Very messy.

A couple more drawings from the old sketchbook, the ex, and a seashell.












No comments: