Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saturday

Haven't completed anything, but here is what is in progress, a pencil drawing of Kat.

Some items from the old memory box. The tallest of these figurines is the rooster, he's about 1 1/2 inches tall. Some are glass, some are plastic, and the little bear might be ivory. There are actually 2 little Scotty dogs, the other is black and was hiding under the edge of a piece of paper when I set them up for the picture. The little dogs were originally magnets, put out by the Black and White Scotch company as advertising.

********************

I'm going to start closing some windows at night. It's cold up here in the mornings! I think summer is over.


I'm reading the book "Giant" by Edna Ferber. It is very different from the movie.



2 comments:

Charmian said...

Beautiful start to a kitty drawing, Duene. Hey, I remember those Scotty magnets!

Judi said...

I just bought a pair of those Scotty magnets at the Soda Shop in Chugwater! Now...where did I pack them?