Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday

Made it through a day without rain, and without a power outage. I have some computer gliches since the last time the power went out. I can no longer print from my laptop to the printers that are downstairs. I don't have the ambition to track down the problem today. I'm sure I will have to spend time on the downstairs computer and install the printers again, and share them.

I watched a live video feed yesterday of the USA Pro Cycling Challenge bike race that took place from Steamboat to Breckenridge in Colorado. I think it was Stage 5, and it went through Silverthorne (where Paul and Tracy live). I'm pretty sure I recognized the traffic light out in front of the Silverthorne Elementary School, and the big home center. But the announcer kept saying they were in Dillon. You don't enter Dillon until you go under the Interstate overpass. Saw that in the video also. The race was pretty interesting, actually. Paul was at the finish line, but Tracy works for the Summit County Sheriff's Department, so of course she was working.

Watched a movie "The Chase" on the Crackle web site last night. It was an old movie, 1966 and starred Marlon Brando and Robert Redford, along with several others who were familiar to me.



*************************




When I was teaching, I got some doozies of written excuses from parents. I found a website where someone has collection of "excuses" and posted them. Thought you might enjoy reading a few of them.

"Amy did not do her homework last night because we went out to a party and did not get home until late. If she is tired, please let her sleep during recess time."

"Please excuse Lisa for being absent. She was sick, so I had her shot."

"It was my fault Mike did not do his math homework last night. His pencil broke and we do not have a pencil sharpener at home."




No comments: