Thursday, August 25, 2011

What happens when you cut down a tree

When I woke up this morning, this is the view that greeted me out my upstairs bedroom window, instead of a big pine tree! I hated to lose the trees, but this is a pretty nice pay off.

I've never seen Kasey as excited as she was last night when she saw the trees were gone. She came upstairs and told me Mamma cut down the tree. She rushed to my bedroom window, and said "Come look, come look, Grandma!" Barrie told her she only helped Doug cut down the trees, but Kasey still says "My mamma did it!"

Barrie didn't wok yesterday, except for one lawn. She helped Doug and his guy with the trees. She did most of the cleanup. She also kept the tree for firewood, although we don't even have a wood stove. (She wants to get one.)



Salli posted this on her blog, and I am borrowing it. Funny!




6 comments:

MOM/Gina said...

I thought the rainbow was pretty from our place...but you got a dandy photo. I'm going to miss your trees, but you'd have missed this with them there.

Sally said...

That is one gorgeous picture Duene! See, a depressing loss of your trees brings you something beautiful!

Judi said...

Your picture is quite amazing. When we had a double rainbow earlier in the summer, I could not get back far enough to even get half of it in. Thank goodness you have a telephoto lens & can capture it!

Duene said...

I used a wide angle lens, Judi - 10mm. It really takes in a wide area.

Sally said...

Sun Morn...Way to go Duene, you had the following well deserved comment on Pinedaleonline..."Not just a double rainbow, but a triple! Salt Lake City, Utah, KSL TV 5 Meteorologist Len Randolph wrote to say that the photo Duene Raper took of the double rainbow is actually a rare triple rainbow! "Hello to everyone at Pinedale online! I certainly enjoyed seeing Duene Raper’s rainbow photo and it clearly shows a wonderful double rainbow. What makes the photo really terrific and RARE is that it is actually a TRIPLE rainbow. If you look very carefully near the upper left and upper right corners you will see a very very faint third bow !!! Now that is very cool. Congratulations to Duene, Len Randolph, Meteorologist, KSL Television/ Salt Lake City Utah"

yanmaneee said...

yeezy 700
adidas zx flux
kyrie 6 shoes
yeezy boost 500
nike air max
yeezy shoes
jordans
nike off white
golden goose outlet
air max 270