Saturday, November 7, 2009

Saturday


I'm done with this one of my cat. I didn't say it's finished, I just said I'm done with it. I don't know how her nose got pushed off to one side of her face. And I will never again try to use the liquid friskit for things like whiskers. You just can't get a fine line with the friskit. It works better to just scratch them in with a razor blade after the painting is dry. These whiskers look like like ropes.

I am working on three different paintings today - all of them had been started some time ago. I work on one for a while, then put it aside to dry and work on another one.

But I spent a good part of my morning getting the sticky residue off the lid of a pallette that had a big paper lable glued on. Good old WD40! With duct tape, baling wire and WD40, you can fix anything! But baling wire is hard to come by these days.

I just added 500 words to the writing project, and maybe I'll do another 500 later today. I paid $10 for a little program called "Write or Die". The people at the NaNoWriMo forums have been talking about it. It is a stupid little program, but it works! You set a goal, 500 words in 15 minutes, for example, and start typing. If you hesitate too long, the screen turns red and your words start disappearing. That's alarming, so you start typing again, which is the point of the whole program. I don't know what happens if you just quit or don't make your goal. Maybe your computer will blow up??

**********************

I'm excited for Rollie and Judi getting new computers! Congratulations!

No comments: