Monday, November 30, 2009

Ahhhhh

Monday


Ahhh - Love this. I'm cozied up in a motel room in Rock Springs with some new books, magazines, a sack of Fritos and some bean dip.
Tomorrow will be big WalMart day. I'm the only person I know who will get a motel room 100 miles from home just to go shopping.




I took the Wild Horse Tour Road across to Green River, then back to Rock Springs. The horses made themselves very scare today. I did see a good sized bunch off in the distance, but these two studs and a colt were all I saw close enough to photograph. Saw hundreds and hundreds of antelope, and they ran off the minute they saw the pickup.
I wish the news would find something besides the couple who crashed the party at the White House, and Tiger Woods. It's getting very boring. There must be something else going on somewhere in the world!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Up here in Grand Forks ND, we have tons of Canadians that come down the day before Black Friday and spend the week-end shopping. And they come from 150, 200, or more miles to do it.
Some of them do it on their Holidays also.
R

Anonymous said...

It wasn't for shopping, but we stayed in Rck Spgs twice in the last year - once for an early start to explore Adobe Town and the other time was coming home from Texas, we were tired. I think you idea was great. JAM