Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tank is finished

Click on images for a larger view.

Tank is finished. Barrie says her nose looks crooked, and I told her that's just the way I wanted it to look. I might as well claim that, anyway.



Judi wondered what I had done to my watercolor I started yesterday. Here it is, in all its muddy, ugly colored glory. I have already started a "do-over". I am going to use the back of this today to paint swatches of different colors and see how salt reacts on those colors. I know different pigments react differently to salt, but I can never remember which ones work well and which ones don't.

*************************
I'm really sick of the writing project I got myself involved in. I'm up to about 42000 words, and I think I will take a break from it today. I've got the rest of the month to reach the 50000 goal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tank is very handsome. Great eyes. The other pic: I like the colors and the salt effect, reminds me of a starry night or the beginning of Aurora Borealis. JAM