Monday, November 1, 2010

Wednesday

Charm sent me e-mail, wanting to know the name of the town. It's Shoshoni.

After posting the pictures of the abandoned main street, I thought I would post something pretty. The Shoshoni church is on the highway through town. There is a house right next to it that was the minister's house. I don't think they have a minister in residence now. One comes over from Riverton, maybe.

I think this little church has been designated a national historic site.




Another gourmet dish comes out of my kitchen - and then straight to the garbage.

When will I ever learn to just eat frozen pizza and TV dinners? I browned some hamburger and chopped onions, I put in mixed vegetables, tomato sauce, some beef granuals, salt and pepper. I peeled one potato and cut into half inch cubes. I put it in the crock pot for 7 hours. I even made dumplings and dropped on the top the stew at the end. It smelled so good.

The damned potatoes were still raw! So I put it all in a pan on the stovetop, and simmered it for another hour. The potatoes were still hard. Those little cubes should have been mush by that time.

I had one potatoe left in the sack, and that is in the garbage too. What the heck was wrong with the potatos?

*******************
I did get about 4,000words written for the NaNoWriMo . There are about 157,000 people taking part in this, and they have so far collectively written more than 55 million words. The people in larger places get together in places like Starbucks and all write together. Not sure if I would even want to do that. I'd rather sit at home in my pajamas with a beer by my side.

No comments: