Monday, November 29, 2010


I'm through with the watercolor cowboy. This is the first watercolor portrait I've ever been able to paint. I think it's because I always tried to make a painting look like someone I know. This is from a photo I took years ago of a stranger at the Winter Carnival. That's sure a motley looking beard.

********************
For some reason, Blogger won't let me put text above a picture any more.

My novel is over 50,00 words now, so the pressure is off. But my hero is in prison in Texas, and I don't have a clue what prison life is like. I've got to get him through ten years of prison life before he can become successful in life and go out and find a girlfriend (or maybe get a dog.)

Maybe I should shorten his sentence?

************************
Now playing on my iPod, Glenn Campbell, "Rhinestone Cowboy".

Gina, when Michael was in first grade, he used to bring his Glenn Campbell record to school and we would play "Rhinestone Cowboy". Wonder if he remembers that?



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cowboy looks just like Tim Baxley. Is it? I like it!!! :)

Betty

Duene said...

Betty, I don't know who it is. He was standing visiting with Stan Murdock at the weight pull at the winter carnival one year, and I took his picture. I didn't know him then, but I did meet Time when Caitlin was in kindergarten. You think it is him?

Anonymous said...

Yup, I think it is him! That is exactly where he would have been during the winter carnival.

Betty

Anonymous said...

وستكون هذه صفحة ويب رائع ، كنت قد تكون مهتمة في القيام مقابلة بشأن مدى أنشأته ذلك؟ إذا كان الأمر كذلك البريد الالكتروني لي!