Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday

I was going through pictures on my hard drive this morning and came across this. Don't know if I ever posted it or not. It's a pastel portrait I did of my uncle quite a few years ago.


My mom's brother, Bill Choate. He lives at a nursing home in Torrington, and he's got to be 100 by now. He roped at a branding on his 95th birthday.
Align Left
****************
Barrie is making me a list of what to do and when to do it. She is going to Montana. Kathy has offered to help pick up Kasey or drop her off. I might ask her to stop and take Kasey to Day Care on her way to work. Barrie thinks she will palm her three "house" dogs off on her father!
********************
Sounds like no one else was impressed with the Black Eyed Peas performance at the Super Bowl yesterday. And the lady who sang the Anthem was terrible!. Even if she had remembered the words. She butchered the song.

I remember the lady who was supposed to sing the National Anthem at a hockey game several years ago, She forgot the words, so stepped back to get her sheet music. When she stepped back out on the ice, her feet shot out from under her and she fell flat. She was cute, and I think she appeared on the Jay Leno show later and sang.

1 comment:

Judi said...

Have fun, Barrie. I would guess Kasey & the house dogs are the easy part. But, who will go out & feed the others? Or, are they going with her?
You sure captured Uncle Bill in his prime. Nice portrait.
Well, the song just before the butchered one, was really quite lovely. America the Beautiful. And what about those robot costumes the Black-eyed Peas wore?
I'm so slow I had forgotten about the 'Dial-up' mental processing! But you & Rollie remembered!