Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday

Now playing on my iPod - Alaska's Hobo Jim, "Catalog Dreams."

I love this song. It's about a family receiving their Sears catalog - the old fat 1,000 page catalog. How many of you remember those? We used to also get Penney's, Spiegel, and Montgomery Wards. I believe it was Spiegels who sold pets. You could order a pet monkey for $50!

These catalogs also came in handy at the table. We never had any "booster seats" for kids, so we put the catalogs on their chairs for them to sit on.

**********************

I was minding my own business this morning, when something touched my hand. I looked down, and there was Maddy. She had decided to leave her pen in the back hall, and came upstairs. It's kind of like having a pet moose in the house.

**********************




A friend sent me some cute pictures. I like this one.

1 comment:

Roger said...

Well everbody should have a pet moose in the house