Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday

My friend Gina stopped by this morning with her new ipad. No, Steve Jobs did not come with her! The ipad looks really great. I have wondered if I would use one, and still don't know. Gina was wanting to download some music to hers and get some ebooks. I enjoyed ver visit.


This is the watercolor pencil drawing I did of my boots and Tracy's hat. What a disaster! The boots ended up with yellow/green tops and purple bottoms. This picture was taken before I used the water. Didn't improve it any.

I have a story about the boots. Jack Warner bought them for me (as in Warner Brothers). Warner Brothers had a ranch out of Kingman, near where we lived, and the manager of the ranch and his wife were good friends of ours. Jack Warner would come to spend time on the ranch once in a while. I was wearing a really old well worn pair of boots, and Jack wanted them. He said he was always watching for things like old boots to use in his movies. So he bought me new boots and took my old ones. Somewhere, one day long ago, some movie star wore my old boots in a western movie. I don't know if I would have recognized them or not.
*************************
Bummer. My XM radio is not working. It's in "demo mode". I sent in a reactivation request and it's not working yet. Guess I better find the directions. If all else fails, I have an extra XM radio in a closet.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saw an elementary picture of you this morning on Clint Taylor's blog. My oh my. rwm