Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wednesday

A picture of my cousin and me playing with one of my Grandad's puppies on their farm. Years later, at a family reunion, we had our picture taken again. When I got old enough to dress myself, I covered up those knobby knees.


My cousin, and brother and me playing monopoloy on the floor of my Grandparents' house on their farm near Albin, Wy. I still remember how thrilled I was when the older kids consented to let me play monopoly with them. But I notice my brother is telling me what to do.


Probably right after the game, the older kids went out and teased the turkeys then called us younger ones to come see something. Those damned turkeys would chase us and gobbble at us. I still hate turkeys!


I have the old sewing machine in this picture.
********************
I seem to have everyone confused about where Barrie has lived. She moved to Alaska when she was 18, and stayed about five years. Then she moved back to Pinedale. I think she stayed about five years, then moved back to Alaska. She didn't stay long, but came back to Montana and lived there a few years, near Helmville. She moved back to Pinedale, married, had Kasey, divorced, and she and Kasey live with me.

3 comments:

Judi said...

That's a beautiful sewing machine cabinet. Treadle?
I could trade big brother stories with you. When we were both in HS (no buses and a 3 mile walk home), he had a car and he always let me walk home, (in winter, in Fargo ND!)while he filled his car with senior girls and drove them all home.

Roger said...

That is what I thought, that Barrie was living with you and Kasey.
I worded it like that because Kasey is there all the time and Barrie isn't.
But you have to admit, the way you wrote things up it was confusing. Being that Barrie just made a trip up to Mt.

Anonymous said...

I like the toy gun on the floor beside you. Maybe you were holding it ransom from your brother so he would let you play? Or you were going to be a bank robber and get all the monopoly money! :)

Betty