Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday

I enjoyed the Super Bowl yesterday. Good game!

I read the following in the news this morning:

On the Monday following the Super Bowl, an average of 6 percent of the workforce calls in sick. While it might be bad for productivity, the Super Bowl is good for one thing: the antacid business. Typically, antacid sales increase 20 percent the day after the game. How about an estimated 14,500 tons of chips, 4,000 tons of popcorn and 8 million pounds of guacamole? Is it any wonder so many people call in sick the next day?


********************

They did  use the Budweiser horses for one ad -  pulling a load of beer into a town just after prohibition had been  lifted.  Good ad.

But I think the Budweiser folks have a new winner in one of their ads.  A rescue dog, kind of scruffy looking cute little guy, is named Weego.  And when anyone calls  him, like "Here, Weego", he runs and brings them a beer.  He even rolls a keg in for a group.

This dog is actually darn cute and a real rescue dog. Bud Light also calls to support rescue dogs at the end of the ad.
************************

And how about Madonna's half time show?  Oh, you mean that was supposed to be good?  I guess I missed the good part.  And I know I missed M.I.A, a guest performer, flipping everyone off during one of the songs.  Well, I missed Janet Jackson's costume malfunction eight years ago too.




1 comment:

Judi said...

I miss your regularly scheduled blog!