Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday



I watched "The Wizard of Oz" last night.  I guess it's the umpteenth time I have watched it, but it's just such a classic.  Who can resist?  So many phrases and quotes come from that movie:

            "Munchkins"
            "Toto, I have a feeling we're not  in Kansas any more."
            "Follow the Yellow Brick Road."
             "Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!"
            "A horse of a different color"
            "I'm melting!"
             "The wicked witch is dead!"
             "There's no place like home."

Even though I love that movie, I remember seeing a tee shirt that made me laugh.  Here is what was on the shirt:

            "Aunt Em,
                    Hate you, hate Kansas, took the dog.

                                Dorothy"
*************************
A dumb Duene story:  I just got a new kitchen timer, a small digital one.  When I took it out of the box, it looked like it said "8888" on the display, and I couldn't set it.  After fussing with it for a while, it dawned on me that the display was covered with thin plastic to protect it.  The plastic was  printed with "9959".
 

1 comment:

Judi said...

I was raised on 'Wizard of Oz' and 'Meet Me in St Louis' reruns. Guess who I'm named after?