Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thursday

I think we about blew away yesterday, and I don't know how much snow we got.  Half the roads in the state seemed to be closed, and sounded like the other half should have been.  Beautiful sunny day today.

Barrie  had a rough day yesterday.  She couldn't even get to the dog lot to take care of her dogs.  Couldn't stay on the trail and sometimes couldn't find the trail.  She finally gave up and turned back. 

Then she drove on hazardous roads to Daniel to pick up Kasey from her visitation with her dad.  She was to meet them there at 7:30. and she left early because the road was so bad.  At 7:20, he called her to say Kasey was in town and Barrie could pick her up at the courthouse.  So she had to drive back, and of course was late getting there.

Her ex is stilll not paying child support.  I don't understand it.  He just took her to court last month and the court (once again) ordered him to pay every month and start repaying the back support.  In other places, I read that guys are sent to jail for not paying child support.  Why are they so lax here?  He is ordered to pay it, but doesn't.  And there is no follow up on the part of the legal system. 

Barrie tried going through the Child Services to collect it, and had to pay a $25 fee to file something, I don't know what Child Services did, but she is not gettting the support.


OK, we have a sign in our house that says "Thou Shalt Not Whine".  That's all.

4 comments:

DADD said...

Barrie should go back to that Judge that ordered him to pay, and tell that Judge that her ex is defying his orders.

Anonymous said...

I would acually have to file a "motion to show cause" that he should be held in contempt of court, and have a hearing. I'm calling an attourney today, unfortunatly that's my only shot. It's a screwy system.
Barrie

Charmian said...

It should be taken out of his pay if he is working! Makes one's teeth bleed! The lawyers end up with what you should have coming.

Anonymous said...

I have been accepted into the state child support enforcement system. They tracked him down, found his new employer and made the order plus $44 a month for back child support. I have yet to actually see any money thou...he's also supposed to be paying me $50 for the first round of non-payment. I need help straightening out the visitation schedule before Kasey starts school in the fall. My ex is busy giving me all the ammo I need. Not picking up and notifying me 1/2 after pick-up time. Last neat trick was to txt me she was in pinedale for exchange. we had agreed to meet in daniel(I do try to cooperate)He waited until he was sure I was there before telling me I have to pick her up in town. That was the night the roads were so bad. He keeps wanting to trade days with very little notice, and if I don't answer immeadiatly he sends the same txt every hr or so starting at 5am. I had agreed to one change of days, and agreed to one phone call. I gave an inch and he's trying to take a mile. Not gonna work!