Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday


This is the little "6" x 8" oil painting I have worked on for a couple months.  I finally tried putting the eyes in with a toothpick.  And now I'm quitting!  No one should ever attempt a painting this small if they want any details.



I started an 8" x 10" painting of a deer yesterday.  But Kay has given us an "assignment" for next week.  Yikes!  That's like homework!  We are to do a painting using only two complimentary colors and white. 

**************************

Watched the movie "Congo" the other night.  It's a story about some people who end up in the jungle with killer gorillas, a volcano is erupting, and they find King Solomon's diamond mine.  Lots of tense action.  In one scene, they are in rubber rafts fighting their way through rapids down a raging river.  One of the actors says "Look out for those rocks."  Why was that line stuck in the script?  What?  Did the guy think they weren't looking out for the rocks?  I laughed.

In another tense scene, they are picking their way down a steep, narrow, trecherous path in the mine.  Rocks are falling on them, and the volcano is spewing hot water at them.  And one of the guys says "Watch your step."   I laughed again.



1 comment:

DADD said...

I wonder why you punish yourself with those 6 X 8 oil paintings. You say that you are going to quit, but I'll bet you try it again.
By the way GOOD JOB.