Friday, July 26, 2013

Friday

I just read Albert's article on the Common Core State Standards for education.  I respect Albert's view on this.  He has a lot of common sense.  Too bad we don't have more people in government with common sense.
 
 
I found this on the Internet.  The truth!  I once found a quote in the Casper paper years ago that said you can't make a calf gain weight by weighing him.  I made it into a poster and put it up in the teachers' room at school.  The Superintendent happened to be in the building the next week, and took the poster down.  I guess he had no sense of humor!
 
***********************
 
 

 
Kasey brought my NYPD baseball cap for me last weekend.  My son-in-law Paul got this for me several years ago.  I was wearing it while driving through the Fremont Lake Campground.  I stopped to ask the campground host a question, and she said "Oh, you're from New York!  I've always wanted to go to New York!"  I wonder if she thought I was a cop?
 
 

1 comment:

Rollie said...

I, also, had a supt take down one of my posters. It said "Every day in school is one day closer to summer vacation". The students and I kind of liked the poster.