Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wednesday

 
This is what I was doing yesterday while the residents here gathered for a cocktail party.  Darn!  Missed it again. (Freudian slip??)  I decided I had placed my bedroom furniture wrong.  I had a huge space in the middle of the floor I wasn't using for anything.  By trading the bed and dresser around, the bed takes up most of that space, and it all looks more "put together".  The bed wasn't that hard to push around, but I had to take all the drawers out of the dresser before I could move it. I had already moved it before I remembered to take this picture.  It is behind the headboard of the bed.

Stay tuned tomorrow.  I'll post a photo of what I ended up with.

**********************
 
 
The deer returned yesterday afternoon, and brought a friend with her.  This magpie followed her around, and finally just jumped up on her back. 
 
I've been told the groundskeepers here sometimes spray the plants with something that is offensive to deer and moose.  I think I'll protest.  They are constantly trying to come with activities to keep the residents from being bored and lonely.  Why not encourage the deer and moose to come in and look in the windows at them.  I bet no one would be bored by that!  I'd much rather watch a deer or moose up close than play Bingo.
 
That 's the reason I have said I don't want to be buried in the Pinedale cemetery - they have fenced all the deer and moose out. 
 
 



1 comment:

Rebecca2 said...

This is Betty, Lynn Thomas' friend in Nevada. Just sat down to catch up with what's going on in your world. Couldn't go back past July 12 -- no place to click on "older posts." Sounds like you are making your new place "home." The kitty looks like she has settled in also. Hmmm, wonder how she got her play toy down off the refrigerator ---- . How nice, to see all the deer out your window. The best I can do is birds, an occasional snake and (rarely) a coyote. Oh yeah, and one desert fox and one lynx and bunches of range cows.