Thursday, July 4, 2013

July 4th

Slow, lazy day so far.  Hope we get some rain this afternoon.  We got just enough yesterday to make it smell good outside.

 
These are the muffins I made with the gluten free flour.  They were edible, but just barely,  We ate them when Bill, Alice, and Barrie were here for supper.  The next morning, I tossed them in the garbage when I was making breakfast.  Alice said she wanted them for breakfast, so we took two of them out of the garbage (we hadn't put anything else on top of them), brushed a few coffee grounds off, and Alice ate them with her sausage and eggs.  I suppose she will tell everyone my cooking hasn't improved one bit, and that I made her eat out of the garbage!

Did I say she took the gluten free flour home with her?  I'm through with gluten free baking.

***********************
 
 
I'll watch the fireworks tonight, but I don't plan on working hard to take pictures.  I took this one a couple of years ago.  I set one of my big DSL cameras on a tripod and set it to the setting where I depress the button on the remote cable, and the shutter will stay open as long as I want.  What a lot of work, but I did get some nice fireworks photos.
 
Kat will be hiding under the bed during the fireworks, and may not come out for hours.  I always feel sorry for the dogs in town while the fireworks are going off.  Julie E. told me once she always put in a lot of hours after The Fourth helping people find their pets.



1 comment:

DADD said...

My daughter sedates her dogs shortly before sundown on the 4th.