Monday, July 8, 2013

Mad Bluebird


This is the picture I got hung yesterday above the table in the kitchen/dining room.  Tracy got me this framed print of "The Mad Bluebird" several years ago.  It's 16" x 20". 

I Googled this photo and read the story about how the photographer caught this image.  He said it was just a lucky break.  He had his camera set up on a tripod in his back yard, aimed at the fencepost, and just waited.  When this bird flew in, he shook his feathers, looked directly at the camera, and this is the result

The photo is famous, and because of it, the photographer was able to quit his job as an electrician, and become a full time nature photographer.  In addition to the framed print, you can buy coffee coasters, coffee mugs, suncatchers, mouse pads, and other gifts with this image. 

I'm glad I have him hanging on my wall.  I don't know about you, but it makes me smile every time I look at it.

************************
 


2 comments:

Judi said...

Good gift, Tracy! Mad Bluebird is great.
Thank you for the Wyo Trivia book. Whew....I can take my time reading it now!

Unknown said...

angry blue bird , scattershot bird is your second bird that is slightly smaller than it’s red brother. Tapping the screen whilst this bird is en route splits it into three allowing you to attack different areas of the setup.