Saturday, October 12, 2013

Saturday

I skipped breakfast today --- mostly because it was closer to lunch time when I got up.  That bed just wouldn't let me go.

I stayed up way late watching a movie, "The American President" with Michael Douglas and Annette Bening.  Our government is so screwed up, and this movie seemed like a good thing to lose myself in.

*************************
 
Mary, my neighbor across the hall, turned 97 this week.  She told me she partied for three days, they sang Happy Birthday to her at the sing-a-long, and sang to her in the dining room and gave her a glass of wine.  Then her son took her out to dinner at Half Moon. She  had just come back from Rendezvous Pointe, where someone cut her toenails for her.  She is such a busy little thing, and likes to take part in everything.
 
Then there's me. 
 
*************************
 
I found a picture of my snowbird friend Judi on the Internet the other day.  (See her blog.)
 
I also found a picture of myself:
 


1 comment:

Judi said...

LOL! Too funny. That cartoon pretty much fits me too when I'm in my afternoon mode.