Saturday, October 26, 2013

Saturday

The "word therapy" gathering was actually kind of interesting.  Paul Jensen was there to talk about his books.  Only six residents were there.   The woman who brings Ruth didn't think we would meet because Nancy wasn't there, so Ruth was late arriving.  And Betty Jo was taking a nap, so she was late too.  And they both asked questions that Paul had already covered, but he was very patient with them.

When I got home, I got on Amazon, and ordered the Kindle version of one of Paul's books.  He had read parts of it aloud to us, and I thought it sounded good.

****************************
 
I think Netflix is going to be bad for me.  I haven't washed dishes for two days!  And today I checked to see what TV programs they had, and discovered they had a series of old Columbo shows. Love that program!
 
 
Maybe this is why I am having so many problems getting my cataracts removed.  God is trying to protect me from seeing myself!
 
****************************
 
The construction company is really getting in a hurry.  They even have a crew working today, on a Saturday.
 
*****************************
 
The movie I watched last night was "Children of a Lesser God".  I saw it years ago.  It contains a lot of sign language, and I was surprised how much of it I was able to remember -- words like "fine", "thank you", "dumb", "home", "dance".  I was never very fast at signing, and the people in the movie really "talked" fast, so it was hard to keep up.  I think I still have my big book of signs at the house. 



1 comment:

Judi said...

You do find the cutest pictures. Love the diva(?) in the tutu!