Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tuesday

Had a light snow during the night, and everything is white this morning.  The sky looks like we might be getting more.

**************************
 
I have always known that Sublette Center was a popular spot for Halloween, and thought maybe I had better ask questions so I could be prepared.  No one EVER came to the house, because it was on practically deserted dirt street.  I'm told that kids come here by the droves, but kids won't be knocking on apartment doors. There will be chairs set up for residents to sit  in the hallways or somewhere, and the kids will just walk around with their treat bags.  Also, the Center will supply the candy.  I guess it couldn't get any easier than that!
 
************************
 
 
I finished this watercolor of an old pickup yesterday.  At least, I think it's finished.  It is leaning up against the wall now where I can look at it and decide if I want to make some changes. 
 
******************
 



I just read a news article about a guy in Phoenix who lived in a townhouse with lots of neighbors with dogs.  He was irritated by the barking dogs, and snapped.  He took his gun, shot and killed two dogs and four neighbors, then went home and killed himself. Good grief!  Wouldn't it have been easier to move??


3 comments:

DADD said...

Nice job on the pick-up.

Why didn't the guy just shoot himself to start with.

Anonymous said...

Love the picture!!!! Good Job!

Charmian said...

Now there's a vehicle with character. As Joe Thomas would say, "Tires are up!"