Saturday, June 28, 2008

Aarrrghhh! A New Chair

I did a job yesterday I have been putting off way too long. I have had a new chair for my studio for a long time. About a month ago, I finally took it out of the box in the basement, and hauled the pieces, a few at a time, up two flights of stairs. I finally got it put together. I hate doing jobs like this. It always ends up being more work than it should be. The piece on the bottom of the chair needed two screws in a place that was hard to reach, and I couldn't get them started. I should have used my magnetic screwdriver, but couldn't find it. Well, it is finally all together, and is too tall for me. My legs go to sleep because my feet don't reach the floor. I think I can fix that. This chair has an adjustable back, which is nice (once I figured out how to adjust it).

Click on photos to see a larger version.

*********************************
Never mess with a moose.

There used to be an artist who lived here who painted moose - lots and lots of moose, and also pigs. Her animals were whimsical and comical, but they certainly had a lot of personality. My moose would benefit from hanging out with her moose and maybe develop some character. And now that it is finished and sprayed, I notice one of the tines on his left antler crosses over the right antler. Good Grief! I don't think I can fix it.

******************************


No comments: